New Testament Women-Jesus Satisfies Our Hearts-S2Ep1
New Testament Women Learn How Jesus Satisfies Our Hearts
Only God can satisfy a spiritually thirsty heart.
Jesus demonstrated God’s love for women
What was life like for women in the first century AD?
- Greek and Roman women
- Jewish women
The Lord Jesus Christ had a radically different value system from that of His culture.
- He spoke to women publicly when a rabbi wouldn't speak publicly to his wife.
- He let them travel with Him during His public ministry and support Him with their own money.
- He taught women openly and continually when the rabbis didn’t consider them able to be educated.
- He defended them when they were criticized.
- He was sensitive and compassionate toward women and healed their loved ones.
- He made them the first witnesses to His resurrection when women were considered to be unreliable as witnesses.
Jesus is the one who understands women
- Genesis 1:26a
- He designed us with a mind to know God, emotions to love God, and a will to obey God.
Jesus is the one who meets our spiritual needs
“Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all His benefits—who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.” (Psalm 103:2-5)
Our God created us with a spiritual thirst for a relationship with Him. A relationship with another human cannot satisfy that thirst. Only God can satisfy the thirsty heart.
“He satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things.” (Psalm 107:9)
Let Jesus satisfy your heart with the goodness of His love. Then, live out that love.