John 8 Woman-Jesus Satisfies Your Heart with Victory-S2Ep4
This podcast covers Lesson 3 of Live Out His Love Bible Study by Melanie Newton.
Adulterous Woman: Jesus Satisfies Your Heart with Victory
In Jesus Christ, you can have victory over any sin.
What is the flesh?
- What it is—
- What it does—
- The flesh is at war with ________________________________________ within us.
Why does the flesh assault us?
- What happened at salvation—
- What didn’t happen at salvation—
We need to know this enemy to have victory over it.
- Truth #1: The desires of the flesh won't go away.
- Truth #2: The flesh doesn't improve over time. It does not become “godly” over time.
- Truth #3: The flesh won't leave us alone to be spiritual.
- Truth #4: The flesh wants control.
- Truth #5: The flesh doesn't become less temptable over time.
- Truth #6: The flesh uses a consistent pattern: thoughts > familiarity > loss of repugnance > curiosity > desire to experiment > learn to like it > hooked.
Victory comes through dependence on the Spirit of God to overcome the desires of the flesh.
- What “living by the Spirit” is—
- What Titus 2:11-14 says about this—
- What Galatians 5:16 says about this—
- What Galatians 5:16 does not say about this—
The victory over the flesh that we receive by faith in Jesus satisfies our thirst for love and acceptance. This love from God is what motivates us to live a life that pleases God. A satisfied heart seeks victory over the desires of the flesh, knowing that they are in conflict with God’s goodness in your life. Let Jesus satisfy your heart with the goodness of His love. Then, live out that love.
Let Jesus satisfy your heart with the goodness of His love. Then, live out that love.