Mary Magdalene-Jesus Satisfies Your Heart with Freedom-S2Ep9
Mary Magdalene: Jesus Satisfies Your Heart with Freedom
Jesus died to set you free from spiritual bondage.
To be set free means that you are in bondage to something.
- Bondage to lies, immorality, hopelessness and demons
- Bondage to a works-related way of living the Christian life to maintain your acceptance before God
Living by law is bondage
- What “living by law” is—
- What “living by law” produces—
Living by grace rather than law is freedom.
- What Ephesians 2:8-9 says about this—
- What is grace?
- Can you do anything more to make yourself acceptable to God other than what Jesus has already done for you?
- What 1 Timothy 1:13-14 says about this—
God’s grace is His undeserved favor abundantly poured out on those who desperately need Him.
Your new identity sets you free to live a radically different life.
- How should you respond to what Christ has done for you?
- What should motivate you to serve Jesus—obligation and guilt OR love and gratitude for what He has done for you?
Jesus satisfies our thirst for freedom. A satisfied heart will want to say, “Lord Jesus, I am YOUR woman—today, tomorrow, and forever.” Let Jesus satisfy your heart with the goodness of His love. Then, live out that love.
Let Jesus satisfy your heart with the goodness of His love. Then, live out that love.